Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, Amazon Search go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day. Our Search Infrastructure team designs, builds, and delivers large-scale distributed systems that support traffic to one of the Internet’s premier destination sites. We use advanced technologies to leverage our vast catalog of images in ways that dramatically improve the experience of Amazon customers. We tackle complex problems in computer vision, image recognition, machine learning, and large-scale distributed systems.
The Recruiting team plays a pivotal role by driving end-to-end recruitment strategies that land top talent. The successful individual thrives in an innovative, fast-paced environment, will work hard, have fun, and get the job done. The best candidate draws upon extensive knowledge of business and Talent Acquisition and will forge dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers and HR business partners. S/he has a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, providing world-class candidate and client/account management, as well as deep negotiation, organization, verbal and written communication skills. In addition the successful candidate will have an ability to prioritize correctly, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency, and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.
- Partner with hiring teams to build effective sourcing, assessment, and closing approaches with an ability to manage customer/partner expectations through a deep understanding of return on investment.
- Recruit passive candidates and assess candidates for fit and motivation.
- Build and maintain network of potential candidates through pro-active market research and on-going relationship management; conducts in-depth interviews of potential candidates.
- Recommend ideas and strategies related to recruitment of talent that will contribute to the long-range growth of the company, implementing new processes and fine-tuning current processes.
- Articulate in writing a plan with deliverables, timelines and a formal tracking process.
- Screen, interview and prepare a candidate slate within an appropriate and consistent timeline.
- Participate in special projects/recruiting initiatives, including assessment of best practices in interviewing techniques, leveraging of internal sources of talent and identification of top performers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation