Amazon is seeking a Program Manager to join the Tax team within the Finance organization. This is an exciting and challenging role, and will give the right person a chance to be part of a company and a team making history. Large multi-nationals are facing a period of unprecedented tax reform. This reform will have a significant impact to all business units competing in the global market. Our program management team leads the charge and partners with teams across Amazon to plan, coordinate, and implement mission critical projects resulting from operating a global business in a time of unprecedented change.
We are looking for a PM to join this amazing team. Successful candidates will have experience in at least two of the following three disciplines – Finance (specifically Tax and/or Accounting), Program Management and Technology – and can become well versed in all three in order to bridge across our diverse group of stakeholders. The candidate needs to be able to easily understand the business line, technical and finance/accounting/tax disciplines, and the impacts of each on the project. They also need to be able to support communications in these areas with current process owners and project stakeholders.Job responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with project owners and key stakeholders to define and refine project objectives and deliverables.
- Obtaining and driving to clarity workstream requirements coming from one or more impacted functions and demonstrating a solid working knowledge of requirements to project stakeholders and sponsors.
- Building workstream project plans and identifying workstream dependencies during the planning process; supporting the resource planning process.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project SharePoint landing page used by cross functional core team.
- Liaising with cross-functional workstream participants consisting of Amazon Businesses, Tax, Accounting, Treasury, HR, Legal, Finance Operations, and technical teams to provide a comprehensive status update to the program lead related to the assigned workstream.
- Identifying areas of risk to the project scope or timeline, and escalating to program leadership in a timely manner.
- Diving deep where needed to resolve blocking issues during project execution, testing, launch and cutover.
- Executing project closeout process and practices, ensuring all project artifacts are finalized and archived as appropriate.
- Leading cross functional teams through workstream retrospective to help drive improvements into the process; owning and driving process improvements.
- Supporting the development and delivery of tooling, templates, process improvements and trainings, to varied audiences within and external to the PM team.