Amazon is seeking qualified Security Engineers to join our innovative, high-energy Information Security team and work within the Amazon Infrastructure Security team. Security Engineers protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to safeguard highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. They work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor Amazon systems for attacks and intrusions.
Security Engineers are unique individuals prepared to relentlessly resolve security issues by gathering and analyzing event data and conducting root-cause analysis. If you enjoy analyzing networks, system services, operating systems and applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity. You will participate in the design, build and deployment of security-focused infrastructure as well as provide consultation, architectural review, risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security reviews of many elements of Amazon’s systems.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Evaluate, architect, implement, and support security-focused tools and services
- Advise and consult with internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling, and vulnerability remediation
- Integrate knowledge of Cloud Security fundamentals, including cryptography and the shared responsibility model into adoption models and methods for internal customers
- Leverage your strong teamwork skills as you and your teammates engage with other engineering and operations teams spanning the entire technology stack - endpoints, networks, databases, and applications - to engineer and deploy cutting-edge defensive solutions to modern threats
- Use your solid understanding of authentication protocols, core network and system security principles along with your up-to-date understanding of modern attack patterns and methods to drive security into tools used by Amazonian's every day
- Draw heavily on your experience collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data from a variety of sources to create compelling written and verbal communications.
- Evangelize security within Amazon and be an advocate for customer trust
- Lead information security engineering projects
If you are excited about the challenges and opportunities described here and you have the background, education, and experience to excel in the tasks outlined, we’d love to talk with you further about our company, the team, and how you are uniquely qualified to join us!