AWS Marketplace is an online store that helps customers find, buy, and immediately start using software and services that run on the AWS Cloud. Our job is to bring Amazon's e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered and consumed in the cloud. We have a long list of new ideas just waiting to be designed and implemented.
We are looking for a Principal Business Development Manager (BDM) for our infrastructure category to help power significant Independent Software Vendor (ISV) product and solution growth.
Your responsibilities as Principal BDM will include defining the strategy, running the business, and driving ISVs to list their software products on Marketplace. You will work across teams to set strategy and make the call on which targets to pursue to add value and selection for Buyers.
Successful applicants will possess a strong technical enablement; product management; or technical business development background and well as an understanding of the infrastructure ISV ecosystem that enables them to engage at all levels including the CXO/VP level. You should be very delivery-focused, with a track record of exceeding sales goals, customer-centric, and self-motivated. This position has a high level of visibility, and you will need to be a strong leader, able to communicate clearly and compellingly within our Team. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work with existing ISV product, business development and field organizations to define joint go-to-market programs (executed by the AWS Marketplace and Amazon Partner Network GTM teams.
- Engage an enable partner field organizations, channels and AWS Marketplace field enablement teams to create and drive revenue.
- Execute strategic business development plans for sellers while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, support).
- Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
- Position AWS Marketplace for internal adoption by the partner organization.
- Ensure that AWS is the partner’s preferred cloud computing platform across all product lines.
- Understand the technical requirements of our infrastructure ISVs and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the AWS Executive Leadership team.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
- Handle complex business requirements and activities which drive selection.
- This position will involve 30-40% travel.