External job description
Would you like to be a key part of the worldwide public sector team focused on enhancing research on the AWS platform: compute, storage, data analytics, machine learning and other emerging services by engaging with the academic research communities? Do you have a passion for improving the way that scientists conduct research and collaborate with each other? Do you have a vision for how to accelerate research using computational methods in biomedical domain? Do you have the background, technical depth, and communication skills needed to accelerate the market by redefining how biomedical and life sciences organizations approach technology and facilitating better data sharing for research?
Biomedical Research and Genomics are accelerating the development of novel diagnostics and treatments and is the cornerstone of personalized medicine. AWS is looking for a Technical Business Development leader who understands technical and funding trends impacting the industry, the major data science trends, the grant process within higher education and is passionate, and capable of driving development across academic communities for AWS.
Your responsibilities will include engaging and influencing major policies, funding, and academic researchers as they consider cloud platforms for biomedical research. Seeking out opportunities to scale the community's adoption of cloud, you will help recommend and architect systems and processes that optimize the use of AWS services in biomedical research and make cloud easy to use. You will also work with federal agencies such as the National Institutes of Health as well as academic research communities to help develop cloud and data analytic solutions for the biomedical and genomics industries, including high performance computing, storage optimization, data analytics and partner-based solutions.
The ideal candidate will have a scientific, technical and business background, with experience working with the key leaders in funding agencies, university and non-profit organizations. You should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be technical, with the ability to impress AWS customers at any level, from executive to academic research communities. Previous experience with AWS is desired but not required. Domain experience in healthcare, life sciences or biomedical research is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Serve as a key member of the US Education Business Development team to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy for the biomedical research.
· Lead the AWS team supporting large-scale scientific collaborations, serving as both the AWS technical expert and business lead for projects.
· Represent AWS in leading industry and academic forums and support direct engagement with university PIs, as well as with the biomedical community.
· Facilitate the translation of research requirements to AWS services and help define education paths for on-campus research core teams.
· Foster a community of practitioners leverage cloud to advance their research.
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS technical and business communities.
· Produce whitepapers, data sheets, and other high leverage customer facing documents.
· Act as a technical conduit and liaison between customers, account managers, senior executives and support.
For more information: https://aws.amazon.com/government-education/