At AWS Professional Services (ProServe), we are building a global professional services team to work on enterprise customer engagements around the world, and to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity supporting these customers. To help grow and scale this business, we are looking for a Resource Analyst for the Americas region. The ideal candidate is passionate about the operations of a business, has strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills and is excited about helping the ProServe business optimize operations.
This individual will match the right talent with the right project at the right time. They will help us maximize our available capacity while avoiding employee burnout. They will work closely with practice managers, helping them assess staffing needs based on each project’s requirements, and let them know who on the team is available to work. The Americas region covers Canada, US, and Latin America, and represents a majority of our global headcount and revenues for 2018.
Preferred location: Herndon, VA.
Up to 20% travel expected. Responsibilities include
, but are not limited to:
- Managing the availability of resources by maintaining up-to-date assignment information;
- Constantly monitoring resource assignments and timesheet data to ensure accuracy of forecast;
- Proactively spotting projected bench time for consultants and work with Practice Managers to identify new assignments;
- Maintaining up-to-date profiles of skills, knowledge, and competencies for practice resources;
- Conducts regular reviews with regional teams (project managers, team leads, and regional heads of services) to plan consultant assignments, work through conflicts, and identify opportunities for consultants;
- Allocating ProServe staff and partners to ProServe projects;
- Working with engagement and practice managers to review and design work packages and resourcing plans to deliver against project deliverables while leveraging the best available staffing from internal regional resources, center of excellence staff, and partners;
- Advertising open project assignments, and promoting the availability of consultants to encourage sharing of resources across regions to increase utilization;