The AWS Infrastructure organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, Product Manager to integrate and scale new data center and hardware innovations in AWS data centers. Hardware Engineering, Networking Engineering, and DC Design Engineering innovations are a constant and AWS capacity planning systems, and processes need to keep up with these innovations. In this role, you will work closely with planning, operations, engineering, and software development teams to deliver high quality and robust space and power capacity planning processes and tools.
Successful candidates will be analytical, detail driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You thrive in cross-functional environments and work backwards from the needs of your internal and external customers to create solutions that work for upstream and downstream teams as well as data center capacity planning.
Your scope of ownership is planning for new types of data centers and new types of hardware, globally. Specific responsibilities within that scope are to:
- Ownership of key performance metrics
- Define the global tech roadmap for new types of data center planning
- Own feature definition (concept through implementation) including business requirements gathering and documentation.
- Align key partners to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence, with ownership of key performance metrics.
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, schedule, performance, and cost.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, roadmap, financial, and/or technical goals.
- Provide regular status updates to AWS Infrastructure executives