Are you passionate about new technology and looking for an opportunity to drive product marketing strategy for a growing developer service?
The Amazon Alexa developer marketing team is looking for an experienced and self-directed product marketer to build product marketing strategy for Alexa AI. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and smart home, enthusiasm for our mission and a talent for creating innovative marketing programs and managing complex programs.
The Principal Product Marketing Manager will take the lead on enabling an audience that will be crucial to the product’s success. This role will be responsible for increasing awareness in the developer and science community. They will act as the business manager for a product line, developing a deep understanding of the inputs to the device business and acting as the day-to-day lead on strategy and execution for the product. They will craft strategies for targeting and communicating with developers to increase platform adoption. They will act as the Subject Matter Expert for developers with a deep understanding of what drives developer adoption and loyalty.
The role will be expected to innovate and will be empowered to expand our marketing and communication horizons to new channels and approaches. In typical Amazon fashion, this role will hold a high bar for measurement of marketing activities, and will define success metrics, measurement methods and reporting processes for their efforts.
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Own the development of all value propositions, core content, marketing and go-to-market strategies for a product line
- Work with product teams to manage timelines and distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages for the developer audience
- Craft compelling audience-specific messages and tools (videos, customer success stories, demos, whitepapers, presentations, how-to guides, etc) to update our developer portal, fuel our digital marketing engine and represent the product at in-person events
- Report metrics in our weekly business review and work with internal stakeholders to optimize our digital and in-person marketing and evangelism programs
- Effectively manage complex projects across multiple product and marketing organizations within Amazon to achieve business goals
- Manage budget, forecasting and reporting on a monthly basis
If this sounds like an exciting marketing challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.