We are looking for an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer who is strong in working with databases, quick to build reliable and insightful dashboards, and has good communication skills. The NA Consumer Economics team uses Economics, Statistics, and Machine Learning to understand and design the complex economy of Amazon’s retail business and develop predictive/causal models and ML algorithms to support business decisions and operations. We are driven to help Amazon and the world’s entrepreneurs on Amazon marketplace to deliver a great experience -- selection, quality, and low prices -- to Amazon customers. We are an interdisciplinary team, committed to using cutting edge technology and leveraging the strengths of engineers and scientists to build solutions for some of the toughest business problems at Amazon.
You will work with business leaders, scientists, and economists to acquire data, conduct analysis, generate reports, and build tools to help our customers apply insights and solve business problems. You will drive actions that scale across Amazon's E-commerce org while working on complex problems arising from modeling Amazon’s 3P and Retail economy.
This is a unique, high visibility opportunity for someone who wants to have large business impact, dive deep into large-scale business problems based on big data, enable measurable actions on the Consumer economy, and work closely with scientists and economists. We are particularly interested in candidates with strong experience querying and analyzing large datasets, building reporting dashboards, and providing recommendations to business leaders.
- Use analytical insights to help increase teams’ effectiveness against key strategic goals.
- Deal with ambiguity, conduct deep dive analyses on business problems, and formulate conclusions
- Acquire, understand, and analyze large and complex datasets
- Develop effective Dashboard and reporting tools
- Be familiar with AWS resources and know how and when to use them
- Work closely with the SDEs, DEs, and Scientists to drive model/solution development, improve data quality, validate models, and run A/B tests
- Communicate with and influence customers and senior management