Who are we?
Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no checkout required. We created the world’s most advanced shopping technology so you never have to wait in line. With our Just Walk Out Shopping experience, simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take the products you want, and go! No lines, no checkout. (No, seriously.)
At Amazon Go we offer a curated selection of delicious ready-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options made by our chefs and favorite local kitchens and bakeries. Our selection of grocery essentials ranges from staples like bread and milk to artisan cheeses and locally made chocolates.
To learn more about Amazon Go, check us out at amazon.com/go.
Who are you?
As an Operations Lead you are part of a warehouse team that is entrepreneurial, diverse and highly collaborative. You are a hands-on leader to the associates and partner to stakeholders in our operations. You are passionate about operational excellence and the safety of the team. You possess strong attention to detail, the ability to quickly prioritize tasks, willingness to learn new things, and a commitment to delighting our customers.
Five key areas that you’ll always focus on are safety, quality, customer experience, productivity, and fun. On a daily basis, you can expect to:
Key Job Elements:
- Ensure a safe work environment for all associates specifically around PIT and Yard operations
- Balance labor, ensuring that you are operating a balanced and efficient shift while meeting all production goals
- Review work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to meet objectives daily
- Partner with teams to coordinate logistics with service providers, ensuring timely flow of goods in and out of facilities and helping meet customer order times
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Embrace a start-up mentality and emphasize “have fun”
- Allocate labor, lead meetings, direct and assign job duties for associates
- Perform in-depth problem solving in all areas to ensure successful and continuous operations
- Train, audit, and support associates to perform Amazon standard operating procedures and use standard Amazon equipment and software
- Partner with safety and learning teams throughout Amazon to ensure compliance with safety protocols on PIT and yard activity
- Partner with facilities teams to make sure supplies are stocked and escalate maintenance and building issues by triaging operational impact
- Ensure associates have the proper tools to perform their jobs and coordinate repair or replacement when needed
- Communicate with internal and external suppliers using all communication channels available
- Report and escalate systemic issues to management as necessary and in a timely manner
- Review and update Standard Operating Procedures according to Amazon practices
- Participate in initiatives to ensure Safety and Operational Excellence
- Identify, address and resolve safety hazards
- Support and work in all areas as required and as determined by site management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation