At Amazon, we work hard to be the most customer obsessed and data driven company on the planet. Our businesses continue to grow and expand because of our innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations to deliver to our customers. At the core of all of our businesses are our talented employees who are strong owners, have the highest standards and obsess over our customers. The Consumer Talent Development team plays a critical role in ensuring our employees are set up for success at every stage of their career.
The Consumer Talent Development team is looking for a dynamic talent management program manager who has the ability to challenge conventional wisdom/practices, can think big, and has experience leading end-to-end process execution. This position will support some of our most dynamic Consumer businesses which include the core NA Retail businesses, Alexa Shopping, Amazon Search, Selling Partner Services, and the Customer and Brand Trust organizations. In this role the program manager will support the development and implementation of the NA Consumer talent management programs. This role will primarily focus on enhancing core talent programs such as talent reviews, career rotations, people investment planning, promotions, organizational design, and building automated tools that leaders can use to more objectively evaluate scope, scale, and complexity of key leadership roles. A critical part of this role will involve partnering with the consumer analytics teams, executive stakeholders, Consumer HRBPs around the world, and partner global talent management teams. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Develop, implement, and manage core NA Consumer talent development programs – to support streamlined user experience of key people processes across the Consumer organization, including identifying and operationalizing opportunities for process improvement and evolution.
- Drive program goals – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop protocols, documentation, and communications for project rollout and ongoing management
- Scale talent services and mechanisms – design talent processes and solutions that scale and adapt to our evolving talent needs
- Partner with the International Corporate Consumer (ICC) Talent Management team and Consumer Analytics to build an automated tool that effectively calibrates candidate readiness and scope of leadership roles across the WW Consumer organization.
- Measure the return on investment business leaders achieve from the implementation of NA Consumer talent processes and programs; identify new ways of operationalizing talent programs if they do not provide the right level of expected returns.