Have you ever thought about what it takes to detect and prevent fraudulent activity among hundreds of millions of eCommerce transactions across the globe? What would you do to increase trust in an online marketplace where millions of buyers and sellers transact? How would you build systems that evolve over time to proactively identify and neutralize new and emerging fraud threats?
Our mission in Transaction Risk Management Services (TRMS) is to make Amazon.com the safest place to transact online. TRMS safeguards every financial transaction across all Amazon sites, while striving to ensure that these efforts are transparent to our legitimate customers. As such, TRMS designs and builds the software systems, risk models and operational processes that minimize risk and maximize trust in Amazon.com.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer in TRMS, you will be responsible for analyzing terabytes of data to identify specific instances of risk, broader risk trends and points of customer friction, developing scalable solutions for prevention. You will need to collaborate effectively with business and product leaders within TRMS and cross-functional teams to solve problems, create operational efficiencies, and deliver successfully against high organizational standards. You should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources, and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact business questions and proactively present new insights in concise and effective manner. In addition you will be responsible for building a robust set of operational and business metrics and will utilize metrics to determine improvement opportunities.
You should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences. This is a high impact role with goals that directly impacts the bottom line of the business. Responsibilities
- Solve analytical problems, and effectively communicate methodologies and results
- Draw relevant inferences and insights from data including, identification of trends and anomalies
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as business teams, product managers, engineering teams, and partner teams and align them with respect to your focus area
- Design and develop highly available dashboards and metrics using SQL and Tableau.
- Provide wing-to-wing project lifecycle execution (project planning, execution, risk assessment and system availability)
- Execute analytical projects and understanding of analytical methods (like ANOVA, Distribution theory, regression, forecasting, Machine Learning Techniques, etc.)
- Develop and oversee the initiation of strategy recommendations
- Use statistical analysis to segment customer behavior and develop targeted solutions to prevent deposit and debit card fraud