Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). The AWS Solutions Architecture team is rapidly growing and we are looking for a highly motivated Communications and Programs Manager to help the team scale and deliver greater impact for our customers. Are you interested in driving change in an organization? Do you like to analyze data and come up with creative solutions? Our team is responsible for improving operational efficiencies and creating programs and processes to support the Solutions Architecture team. You will help ensure a great experience for customers, improved productivity of all architects, and efficient execution of business operations.
The Communications and Programs Manager role will execute a comprehensive internal communications strategy, and assist in defining, landing and executing on the operational cadence. The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, is disciplined in operations execution, has creative ideas for employee engagement and has an extreme level of attention to detail. The successful candidate should be passionate about writing and connecting with an audience through a written medium. This individual will collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and has a proven work ethic that drives desired results. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with managers to track and report on all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals. Develop and refresh all management review documents.
- Lead the definition and execution of the internal communications strategy. Drive quarterly and special event internal communications. Work across teams to collect current project updates and progress proof points. Draft team communications to ensure cross group awareness and collaboration.
- Support the evolution, integration, implementation and communication of operational processes to meet the rapid growth of the business.
- Goal/objectives tracking – work with managers to ensure we are on track for our goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain skills matrix and related reporting. Work with managers and solutions architects to build skills inventory. Orchestrate the training scheduling process to optimize for customer, sales segment, and business needs.
- Reusability and repeatability- track the quantity and quality of knowledge base entries, published samples, case studies and references against annual goals. Drive maximum leverage by ensuring discoverability and utilization of reusable resources. Help specialty solutions architects to package and publish repeatable offerings.