At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon is seeking a proven technology leader to lead development and testing of advanced automation technologies at Amazon's R&D Center. The R&D Tech Program Manager supports Robotics Engineering in the development and testing of Robotics/Mechatronics systems, Packaging Automation, Autonomous Vehicles and Sortation systems. This position requires the ability to innovate, analyze, schedule, plan, organize, implement, and manage process improvement projects to maximize safe, economical, and effective use of materials, energy, and people.
Performance Objectives will consist of:
What is the impact you can expect to enjoy:
- Study, learn, and diagnose Amazon fulfillment operational processes, identify root causes and improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies and guide the improvement effort.
- Manage processes that increase critical-to-quality (CTQ) business needs by improving integration of people, materials, equipment, software, and finance.
- Leading cross-functional teams of business and technical leaders to deliver impactful results at Amazon speed
- Recommending and implementing changes to product design, safety procedures, work methods, and labor standards.
- Project and change management from conception to completion.
- Develop and manage project schedules to identify critical path and resource constraints to optimize and accelerate development milestones.
- Writing clear documents. Evaluating, mitigating, and communicating project risk to Sr. leadership and stakeholders.
- Work on high impact projects at the leading edge of one of the world’s most innovative companies.
- Help Amazon meet the challenge of growth by designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems.
- Work with operations leaders as part of the Amazon Robotics Engineering team to deliver trans-formative change.