Amazon’s Advertising technology teams build the technology infrastructure and ad serving systems to manage billions of advertising queries every day. The result is better quality advertising for publishers and more relevant ads for customers. Our infrastructure supports millions of Internet users and handles billions of queries per day, all delivered in milliseconds. Our data platform processes massive data sets to develop business intelligence and analytics that are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
The Sponsored Product Ads Response Prediction team builds advanced machine-learning models and scalable machine-learning infrastructure to help better match shoppers' intent to advertisements, optimize advertisers' ROI, and scale a program that is accretive to Amazon. We are seeking a leader who has a solid background in applied Machine Learning, deep passion for building data-driven products; ability to communicate data insights and scientific vision, and has a proven track record of leading both applied scientists and software engineers to execute complex projects and deliver business impacts.
As a Manager in Machine Learning
, you will:
- Lead a group of both applied scientists and software engineers to deliver machine-learning and AI solutions to production.
- Advance team's engineering craftsmanship and drive continued scientific innovation as a thought leader and practitioner.
- Develop science and engineering roadmap, run Sprint/quarter and annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects.
- Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
- Hire and develop top talents, provide technical and career development guidance to both scientists and engineers in the organization.
Joining the team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading Internet companies. We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in downtown Palo Alto, California.