Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
Alexa Information group is responsible for answering all information-related questions for customers as well as building delightful customer experiences around them. We cover a wide variety of verticals such as weather, sports, traffic, local search, etc. and are continually growing into new verticals as well as starting new initiatives within existing ones.
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for a passionate engineer to join our team and drive the development of web applications that power consumer electronic devices. Your job will be to work with a team of engineers (hardware and software) and other team members (PM, Product, Marketing) to design and develop new ways of providing exciting and compelling experiences. You'll measure your success by the quality of your execution, the pace of innovation you help drive, and the increased satisfaction you deliver. If you’re ready to make a difference, if you want huge challenges to tackle, we would love to talk to you.You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Will establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Will help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
In addition the role includes:
- Solving complex technical challenges
- 'Continuous Deployment’ of consumer facing products used by millions of customers daily
- Designing solutions for a wide range of Web and Mobile devices