Every day across the world we develop the ideas, the services and the products that make life easier for tens of millions of customers, and make good things happen faster. From providing Earth’s Biggest Selection of products to developing ground breaking software and devices that change entire industries. Amazon is a place of invention and progressive thinking.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Amazon WW Engineering Advanced Technologies located in Seattle WA. Is developing the next generation of Amazon Fulfillment mechatronic solutions in: robotics, autonomous vehicles, auto identification, packaging automation and process engineering. If you are inspired by invention, advanced system integration, solving complex problems and working with highly talented teams then Amazon Advanced Technologies might be a great fit.
Amazon WW Engineering Advanced Technologies is seeking a talented and self-motivated Engineer to lead hardware design in robotics, automation, mechatronics and automated guided vehicles. The ideal candidate will have experience in developing complete solutions that are robust and easy to deploy. They should be familiar in the state of the art material handling, automation and robotics and have a history of rolling out solutions in existing and new buildings. This position reports directly to the Senior Robotics Manager in the Advanced Technologies group.
The Hardware Development Engineer will be responsible for Design and:
- Design, analysis and simulation of robotic system design.
- System integration of vision and advanced robotic gripping solutions.
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies and developing a state of the art prototyping laboratory for testing new solutions.
- Interfacing with multiple amazon groups to develop emerging requirements for robotics and material handling.
- Developing and managing test plans.
- Maintaining high level of communications with cross-functional team, and partners.
- Interfacing with engineering managers, product management, and/or program management to drive new product development programs from concept to production.