Every year, millions of customers rely on Amazon’s popular community features, Customer Reviews and Ask, to help them make product decisions. These experiences are centered on product pages, and are always in the context of a specific product.
We are a new product team within Amazon focused on helping our customers discover and share interest-based suggestions, questions, and knowledge around the most popular hobbies and interests that our customers are already fueling with purchases from Amazon. Our focus is customer engagement, with the ultimate goal of building a daily habit on Amazon for younger, socially-minded customers.
The team moves quickly, before we have all the answers, and we celebrate our failures and learnings as hard as we celebrate our successes. We believe in our mission to ignite the interest-based communities we see developing in the Customer Reviews and Ask an Owner experiences. We believe that customer-generated content is as compelling as, and often more scalable than, highly curated content. We will tune our user experiences and algorithms over and over until we are successful. If you like to move fast and innovate on behalf of our customers in an emerging, potentially game-changing space for Amazon and build highly scalable distributed systems, we would love to hear from you!
We are looking for Software Development Engineers for design and development of scalable software solutions and services across front end and backend. You will work closely with other traffic technology, social shopping, mobile shopping, and retail customer experience teams to define and build the social experience for Amazon.
Come join us, in re-defining some of the core tenants of online shopping, at the earth's most customer centric company!
• Participate in the full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters
• Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects
• Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
• Work closely with senior engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
• Builds software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Designs and defines the interaction between the other component pieces
• Create and execute appropriate quality plans, project plans, test strategies and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.