Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Human Resource and Operations Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee lifecycle for our global operations businesses. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage predictive analytics to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates.
We are now recruiting for an exceptional Sr, Technical Program Manager, Global Ops HR.
The ideal candidate will be:
· A Well-Rounded Athlete –Like a true athlete, you understand that we succeed or fail as a team. You are always ready to step up beyond your core responsibilities and go the extra mile for the project and your team. You nimbly overcome barriers to deliver the best products more quickly than expected.
· A Perpetual Student – You seek knowledge and insight. You challenge yourself to turn moments into master’s classes. Whether closing a gap, developing a new skill, or staying ahead of your industry, you revel in the joy of learning and growing.
· A Skilled Communicator – You excel when interacting with business and technical partners whether you are chatting, sending a written message, or conducting a presentation.
· A Trusted Advisor – You work closely with stakeholders to define key business needs and deliver on commitments. You enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
· An Inventor at Heart – You innovate on behalf of your customer by proactively implementing improvements, enhancements, and customizations. Your customers marvel at your creative solutions to challenges they had not yet identified.
· A Fearless Explorer – You are drawn to take on the hardest problems, navigate ambiguity, and battle skepticism. You never settle, even in the face of overwhelming obstacles.
· A Tireless Educator – You are thrive when investing in others. You create content that meets your customer where they are today and provides skills that can be applied at work beyond its original intent.
Roles and Responsibilities
This role requires working with wide spectrum of internal and external technical teams to define technical requirements, strategy, roadmap and timelines as well as leading multiple cross functional development teams through design, delivery, and support of PeopleInsight products. This position involves regular communication with senior management on progress, risks and change control. Ability to lead extended cross-discipline virtual teams as well as project management and executive presentation skills are essential.
The ideal candidate is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities across a global product base. This opportunity requires excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills. Ideal candidates have extensive experience with product build and delivery plans, defining and assembling program/tech teams, and writing detailed functional and test specifications to meet product needs. Ideal candidates have knowledge of the following: data warehouse, business intelligence, analytics, distributed software development, product development, build processes, project management and release models.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation