Want to make history? Come and join the AWS Region Services Build Team. We are currently launching new Regions and Availability Zones for AWS customers around the world.
The AWS Region Services Build Team is responsible for the software services build for all new AWS Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). Our team works with customers and leaders across AWS to define the service requirements for new AWS regions. We create designs, plans, and schedules and execute the services build project from infrastructure handoff through launch. We are looking for an experienced product management leader to take our current processes for service selection and design and bring a new level of customer engagement and feedback to the design process.
In this role, you will own the list of services that we include with our launches. You will engage with customers, account teams, development teams, business leaders, and product managers across the company to define the vision for future regions and availability zones. You will work with security and software experts on our team to define the build products for each launch that will serve customer expectations for security, regional features, and unique workloads.
As a product management leader, you will be part of the technical leadership community at Amazon. You will play a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to refine business goals, trade-off resource commitments, and delight our customers. You will have a direct impact on long term strategy for new AWS Regions.
- Develop an understanding of all AWS customer facing services, how they interrelate in order to define the best product for our customers
- Provide service plans, which define the service availability at launch, for all new Region and Availability Zone launches
- Produce weekly and monthly reports on customer engagement activities to provide important input for upcoming build requirements
- Develop and gain consensus on plans for future service builds in future Regions
- Identify deviations from standard practices and recommend, and drive, changes to the standard practice
- Participate with engineering teams in ongoing status reviews to support tradeoffs between feature requests and build schedules
- Demonstrate creative problem solving to increase our delivery velocity and the number of services included in new regions
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends and customer requests
- Actively participate in hiring, mentoring, and training our team to scale product management processes