Mobile Shopping (mShop) is one of the fastest growing strategic businesses within Amazon. Our scale is billions of dollars and millions of users. Our team is responsible for creating the best shopping experience for customers wherever they go on their favorite Android and iOS devices. We are passionate about building scalable, well-designed software. We constantly improve our technical foundation and customer experience. As a Software Development Manager on the mShop team, you’ll have huge impact on how customers, even friends and family, engage with Amazon.
We love to work with smart people who have a strong sense of ownership and strong engineering mindset. You are a technical leader for your team and a great people manager. You provide mobile perspective and context for technology choices. You’re up to the challenge of mobile network limitations, device fragmentation, and building an end-to-end platform that internal Amazon teams integrate with. You motivate your team to pursue ambiguous situations with technologies like Spark & EMR to rapidly produce prototypes for a more personalized App experience. You outline paths from prototype to product. You deeply invest in each colleague's career growth, improving their technical knowledge, and defining your team's operational metrics. About the hiring team:
We created the App Experiences (AppX) team to explore new ways for Amazon customers to complete common shopping tasks quicker, browse more efficiently, and discover new features. Even as the 10th most-installed app, we’re still learning how to make the right decisions for customers and how to educate them about new features. We build new iOS & Android features addressing customer frustrations and innovate on core shopping functions like the personalized navigation menu, location awareness, and browsing; identifying core shopping experiences that are not mobile optimized, and fix them. We spend a lot of time thinking about what mobile shopping means and how we do it correctly with strong partnerships between dev, product, and design competencies. Our toughest problems are crafting world-class UX experiences and every pixel matters to our customers. We are innovators at heart, and mobile App customer experience is king to us.Responsibilities
- You will be heavily involved with design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting end consumer features.
- You create a leadership culture and are consistent in your words and actions. You recognize potential and seek to develop leadership capability in others.
- You deep-dive into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, extensibility as needed.
- You propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire mobile shopping team for development.
- You mentor team members to promote engineering excellence.
- You are continually "looking around the corner" for the benefit of our customers and investing wholeheartedly in building amazing mobile shopping experiences.