Want to be a part of history? Join a team with the rare opportunity of US based roles on the International Retail team. The Global Vendor Management (GVM) team accelerates the growth and branding of key vendors across all of the Amazon Retail country websites by tackling some of the most challenging opportunities facing vendors’ businesses and ours. Amazon is looking for a smart, inventive, and enthusiastic candidate to join the Global Vendor Management team as a Sr. Business Development Manager. We are seeking a customer-obsessed individual with strong business development and vendor management skills to build collaborative relationships with vendor executives and Amazon vendor management teams across worldwide Amazon Retail (US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, China, Japan, India, Middle East, and Singapore websites). Your work will directly impact how we evolve and grow Amazon’s global business.
A successful candidate can lead and participate in teams across different countries to deliver results. This person loves working with others - both internal colleagues and vendors - to develop and deliver increased sales with improved terms. This person will be comfortable working in different roles - team leader, coordinator, team member - in different countries. She/he can work seamlessly with both internal and external stakeholders to understand the challenges and business needs and identify and develop solutions that drive the business. The candidate will be highly collaborative, globally minded and have an extremely high level of customer focus, cultural sensitivity and a passion for building paths forward on difficult issues. She/he should be a motivated self-starter that can work both independently and with others in a fast paced, ambiguous environment. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and aptitude in business writing.
- Work closely with Amazon country teams to understand customer opportunities across multiple markets. Identify opportunities to leverage strengths in one country - particularly developed countries - to help other countries grow more quickly
- Work with a team charged with building, owning, and sharing financial goals and deliverables for select group of vendors
- Develop and grow strong collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Assist senior leaders across countries and categories to understand and deliver against opportunities.
- Provide input on the design and validation of new global systems, tools, and functionality to enable these processes. You will help develop processes and mechanisms to make this work scale.