Why this job is awesome:
- This is SUPER high-visibility work: Our mission is to provide consistent, accurate, and relevant delivery information to every single page on every Amazon-owned site.
- MILLIONS of customers will be impacted by your contributions: The changes we make directly impact the customer experience on every Amazon site. This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented Architecture, but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers.
- We are a cross-functional team that owns the ENTIRE delivery experience for customers: From the business requirements to the technical systems that allow us to directly affect the on-site experience from a central service, business and technical team members are integrated so everyone is involved through the entire development process.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Build highly extensible software systems to meet the rapid growth of Amazon's delivery business and capabilities.
- Evolve and build services that are highly reliable, extremely low latency with efficient use of computing resources.
- Define and lead the architectural direction of the Search through checkout delivery experience working with multiple, different teams across the company
- Build the next generation systems for representing delivery choices to enable rapid experimentation in the area of User Experience.
Basically you get to lead a team in a fast-paced environment, guiding a team of smart software engineers to architect and build the right technical solutions to meet the evolving needs of our customers. You will have direct ownership over the design and architecture of new components aimed at improving the platform's extensibility, scalability, availability, and latency. We care about both delighting customers and
high quality software; we don’t sacrifice one for the other. We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of highly-scalable, global software solutions.
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Java, C++, Perl, or distributed computing technologies on a Linux platform.