Do you want to shape the future of computer vision? Would you like to be part of a team that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the innovative Cloud Cam, Echo Show, and Echo Look? If you answer ‘yes’, come join the Amazon Computer Vision Software Products team and help us create groundbreaking devices and large-scale computer vision services. Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Principal Engineer at Amazon Computer Vision Software Products team, you will provide technical leadership, establish technical standards, define engineering practices and engineering methodologies for cutting-edge large-scale Computer Vision cloud services. You will solve distributed-systems problems, work with video streaming and high-performance computing, both on CPU and on GPU. You will be hands-on, producing both detailed technical work and high-level architectural designs. As a Principal Engineer at Amazon.com, you will set examples of excellence for the entire Amazon engineering community.
As a Principal Engineer, you will be expected to:
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to bring our computer vision technology to their roadmap
- Define and ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in performance, scalability, system architecture, and engineering best practices
- Contribute intellectual property through patents
- Assist in the career development of others, actively mentoring individuals and the community on advanced technical issues and helping managers guide the career growth of their team members
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience
- Balance technical leadership and savvy with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices
- Strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and incisive judgment