AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Assurance, may be coupled with certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA; or 3-5+ years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a highly dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Deliver sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
Work closely with our Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth roll out of new designs and products.
- TCP/IP networking knowledge.
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies.
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies.
- Familiarity with common networking terms.
- Manage work and priorities through ticketing system and workflow
- Collaborate with various stake holders to remove project obstacles
- Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 80% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
- Troubleshoot networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
- Troubleshooting cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
- Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
- Complete customer requests via Remedy trouble ticketing system
- Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll out of new or upgraded hardware