Head of Product Marketing, Amazon Pay
Amazon Pay is part of the Amazon Devices division. This division includes Alexa (the brain behind Amazon Echo), Fire tablets, Fire TV, and others. The way we sell, buy, and exchange value is changing faster than ever. We can now access products or services in mere seconds—from anywhere in the world—without sacrificing our personal data. With a click, a tap, or our voice—the future is friction-free.
At Amazon, we have a long history of solving complex problems and providing innovative solutions for other businesses. Amazon Marketplace and Amazon Web Services are some examples. With Amazon Pay, we are driving the next frontier of commerce through connected devices of all kinds. We enable merchants to leverage our trusted, seamless buying experience to allow more than 300 million active Amazon customers to purchase from them—online, in-store, and across an array of consumer devices. In a recent study, consumers revealed that they are twice as interested in Amazon Pay as Apple Pay, thus positioning us to help merchants reinvent and grow their businesses through innovation. Amazon Pay has now emerged as the alternative to PayPal and our business is growing at a fast pace, and we are poised to continue redefining consumer identity and payments.
Amazon Pay, one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon, is seeking a seasoned product marketing leader with an impressive track record of bringing new solutions to market. Your entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset enables you to deliver thoughtful and effective go-to-market plans that translate into business impact. As the owner of solution definition, key messages and programs to support the launch of new products and features globally, the strategic importance and visibility of this role is high.
As a senior leader on the Amazon Pay marketing team, you will establish a highly-engaged product marketing function responsible for owning and delivering compelling messaging and positioning, customer journeys, use cases, personas, offers, sales plays and more. You will have deep expertise in enterprise go-to-market strategy. We are looking for a passionate and influential leader with exceptional product marketing and leadership skills, and who has a strong understanding of how to successfully commercialize new and existing products. The ability to influence, partner with cross-functional teams, inspire and deliver results are key.
As a senior leader on the Amazon Pay marketing team, you will work closely with product, sales, account management teams, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment to overall objectives. You are comfortable leveraging matrixed resources and can drive the organizational interlock needed to deliver results. You have an uncanny knack for identifying USPs that resonate with customers. You will develop a powerful and effective go-to-market plans that enable us to drive adoption of our payments platform across multiple channels and multiple, unique audiences (merchants, buyers, partners, employees).
The ideal candidate brings deep domain expertise in payments and/or e-commerce.
Strategic Responsibilities include:
· Develop go-to-market strategies to support the launch of new products and features globally
· targeted marketing programs, campaigns, and materials that drive adoption of Amazon Pay offerings
· Collaborate with product, sales, account management teams, and other stakeholders to ensure alignment to overall business objectives.
· Create an effective sales enablement practice; this includes identification and delivery of high-impact, scalable assets, as well as sales training. You are comfortable serving as the subject-matter-expert and can easily use your knowledge to improve the efficacy of our global sales teams
· Own solution definition, core messages, differentiators, and proof points – that will fuel our marketing campaigns.
· Working closely with Product Management, Brand & Content, and PR to ensure our story reaches a broad audience via content, events, webinars, PR, and other activities.
· Using data and analysis to represent the voice of the customer in our positioning and messaging
· Work with colleagues around the globe to develop and localize marketing strategies, leveraging both internal and external resources for best practices.
· Serve as the connective tissue between Product and global Sales teams in order to translate customer needs into product functionality.
· Conduct primary and secondary market research as needed to inform your efforts