Do you enjoy seeing highly relevant content when you perform shopping searches? Do you love helping developers create shopping experiences that feel like a direct answer to the customer's query? Awesome, us too.
The Search Content Platform team reduces the time it takes for development teams to turn a feature idea into a live experiment on the Amazon Search Page. Not only that, we ensure that new content is highly relevant to the buyer's shopping mission. Whether you're building a new widget or exploring a new product display, we believe it should take hours, not weeks to test whether a change helps customers make more informed buying decisions. Come help us obsess over our customers!
We are looking for a motivated Senior Software Development Engineer who is equally passionate about optimizing the Amazon search page and about developer experience. You will impact how widget content is displayed in Search – balancing customer exposure to navigational tools, time sensitive sales, advertising or product information that help customers navigate Amazon's vast selection. We are building services and libraries that enable teams to provide various types of search widget content in a self-service manner and compete for placement in various regions on the page.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll
· Lead a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative.
· Design and implement your own ideas along with those that meet customer-driven, highly visible goals. Our impact is huge: hundreds of millions of customers, billions of dollars in revenue and hundreds of millions of content optimization decisions per day.
· Build services and libraries used by hundreds of developers.
· Release new features daily to our customers.
Aside from design, coding and technical leadership, you will
· Lead bi-weekly tech lunches where you facilitate discussions about career development, time management, influencing peers and managers, cross team architecture, coding methodologies, testing standards and other technical topics.
· Have Fun! attend weekly team social events and regularly get out of the office (rain or shine) to have some fun in Seattle with the team.
We have so much exciting work to do. If you enjoy helping customers make informed buying decisions as well as helping make developers around you productive, join us!.