Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our Emerging Technology and High-Performance Computing (HPC) business. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for Emerging Technology and HPC workloads on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with the Emerging Technology and HPC product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for next gen R&D and other resource intensive workloads. Emerging technology and HPC workloads include areas like 2D and 3D rendering for media and entertainment, genomics and proteomics analysis for life sciences and healthcare, oil and gas reservoir simulation for energy exploration, molecular modeling, computational chemistry, aerospace, automotive, semiconductor design, financial computing, fluid dynamics, electromagnetic simulations and complex materials analysis.
The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position the AWS platform for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure. In addition, the BDM will define and drive a process that the organization will follow to accelerate sales and partner-management engagement for related customer and partner opportunities. The BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior management.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS EC2 instances, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and IT background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of machine learning and deep learning services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, deal negotiation and construction, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around the AWS EC2 Emerging Technology and HPC offering;
- Engages and drives scale at engaging enterprise customers and partners about the AWS Emerging Technology and HPC value proposition;
- Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
- Exhibits emerging technology and HPC expertise and experienced handling and scaling sales campaigns with enterprises and enterprise partners;
- Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
- Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer’s business issues and explores how the AWS Emerging Technology and HPC solutions can help address cloud-enabled growth areas;
- Serves as an evangelist for the AWS Emerging Technology and HPC platform within AWS, and externally;
- Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
- Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in augmenting AWS EC2 Emerging Technology and HPC solutions;
- Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the related AWS solutions, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.