Are you interested in building intelligence systems from the ground up?
Are you interested in working with Applied Scientists, Big Data Engineers and Software Development Engineers to build large-scale data intelligence systems?
Are you interested to work in a team that positively impacts different key pillars of Amazon like Pricing, Promotions, Advertising, Auto inventory purchasing, Auto inventory removal, Inventory placement?
Are you interested in working for a team that builds cool systems yet has great work-life balance?
Profit intelligence systems measures, predicts true profit(/loss) for each item as a result of a specific shipment to an Amazon customer.
Profit Intelligence is all about providing intelligent ways for Amazon to understand profitability across retail business. What are the hidden factors driving the growth or profitability across millions of shipments each day?
Profit Intelligence provides these answers.
We compute the profitability of each and every shipment that gets shipped out of Amazon. Guess what, we predict the profitability of future possible shipments too. We are a team of agile, can-do engineers, who believe that not only are moon shots possible but that they can be done before lunch. All it takes is finding new ideas that challenge our preconceived notions of how things should be done. Process and procedure matter less than ideas and the practical work of getting stuff done. This is a place for exploring the new and taking risks.
We push the envelope in using cloud services in AWS as well as the latest in distributed systems, forecasting algorithms, and data mining.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer who can bring bleeding edge machine learning models into production together with a highly multi-disciplinary team of Applied scientist, software development engineers, strategic partners, product managers and subject domain experts. As a software development engineer on this team, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the definition, vision, design, roadmap, and development of this set of product features from beginning to end. Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for ensuring that Machine Learning code, models and pipelines are deployed successfully into production, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
- Design solution architectures for applications that will use the machine learning models.
- Deploy applications to AWS’s cloud leveraging the full spectrum of the AWS cloud services.
- Automate model training and testing and deployment via machine learning continuous delivery pipelines.
- Design and implement metrics to verify model and algorithm effectiveness.
- Build web interfaces for seamless interaction with model onboarding, testing, and implementation.
- You will be responsible for designing and building platforms for crunching 100s of TB of in-coming data from dozens of sources and financial events around the company.
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonFIS