Are you excited about building technical products, scalable solutions, and cloud computing? Are you interested in creating a new set of micro-services and applications that enable other AWS teams and Services, as well as AWS partners, to engage with our Cloud Economics and Total Cost of Ownership teams to analyze and drive AWS migration?
At Amazon Web Services we look to build services that scale both internally and externally for our customers. Our customers are as eager as we are to deploy on AWS but want to make sure they are making wise financial decisions and evaluate the economics of these decisions. The tools we build will leverage APIs to scale our existing Cloud Economics analysis and tooling across hundreds or thousands of internal or external customers. We are looking for a hands-on engineer and a technical leader that’s interested in building software products and services for our internal AWS teams and external AWS partners (Resellers, Systems Integrators and Consultants). These products will integrate with existing AWS tools and services. A successful candidate will have an established track record of delivering quality software solutions, deep technical ability, excellent project management skills, and the ability to drive results in a fast-paced environment. Most of all, a successful candidate needs to view him or herself as much more than just a Technical Program Manager. In this role, you will own solutions that enable some of AWS’s most important goals. To achieve these goals, you will have to wear many different hats, including product manager, system architect, and software developer.
You will play a key role in building internal software products from the ground up. Therefore, you will need to be able to coordinate a team of data engineers, software developers, partner development managers, Solution Architects and product managers to achieve a common goal. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to work with senior management to collect requirements and turn this information into detailed technical designs and an overall product strategy. Roles and Responsibilities
- Think Big. Using a thorough understanding of customer requirements and business objectives to build internal software solutions and APIs that produce new insights and opportunities for our business
- Customer Obsession. Work backwards from ambiguous goals and build technical products that create concrete, incremental value
- Earn Trust of Others. Engage with many internal AWS teams, evangelizing the team and your products, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Deliver Results. Build and maintain a comprehensive project schedule, make it visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive the project through to completion
- Ownership. You'll build software solutions and APIs that provide long-term value for the entire AWS company.