We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. Key responsibilities will be to conduct research and development in speech and related disciplines, and to collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics, to put the concepts you develop into production.
We have important problems to solve. There are great, world-changing products that should exist, but do not, because the technology to enable them does not exist. Yet. That’s where you come in.
We're looking for outstanding leaders who combine superb people skills with a demonstrated ability to get complex systems up and running quickly and effectively. You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced, highly inventive and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
Do you have the courage to tackle mind-bending machine learning challenges? Do you want to lead a team of high performers to deliver robust, production-quality code that solves complex real-world problems? Do you want to change the lives of an entire generation of Amazon customers? If you do, come you should join this team.
As Senior Manager, Applied Science you will
· Lead a team of applied scientists and software developers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of machine learning models
· Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated scientists and software developers that can apply state of the art machine learning algorithms to deliver innovative features for our customers.
· Be responsible for ensuring sanity of algorithms, architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
· Work closely with other teams across Amazon to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
· Mentor and lead as a manager with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
· Regularly dive into learning algorithms, evaluation metrics, model architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
· Represent your business and operations to senior leaders within Amazon on a weekly basis.
Come and invent the future with us.