We are looking for seasoned DevOps leaders; you’re perfect if you possess a rare mix of depth in functions which involve Dev, Ops, Systems Engineering and Customer Obsession. It's difficult to find all these characteristics simultaneously but if you have them all, you’re highly valued and a rare breed! We need these skills because you will be dealing with the largest most demanding enterprise customers whom are scaling their systems in the Cloud.
As a System Development Engineer you will not only be working in the team to deliver great solutions, but will be a leader in the team and across the organization. This requires big picture thinking to build the teams capabilities and help influence other teams across our organization.
You will work with the team that is building an upcoming AWS service for enterprise customers and work on mission-critical infrastructures, tools, and processes that enable our engineers to iterate at a crazy pace. You'll investigate and create new systems for scaling development and production. You will need to be sharp and impressive with your DevOps magic.
Ideal candidates should be obsessed with Linux/Windows and demonstrate expertise utilizing system level tools. You should also be a competent coder with a track record of implementing solutions using software that you have written in a maintainable and best practices manner. A wide range of understanding cloud architectures as associated principles will help candidates be successful in this role. If you’re interested in the position, you should have a strong customer obsession that drives you to learn about your customers and innovate. And, you should be dedicated in the techniques and research that provide a holistic view of our customers.
The position requires strong CS fundamentals, as well as enthusiasm understanding low-level operations of large-scale cloud environment.
Your goal is to create an exceptional enterprise customer experience. And to do so, you will:
- Develop tools and systems to deploy operating systems and AWS services to customers.
- Build and own the operations platform, monitoring tools and alarms that proactively check and inform operations of potential problems or customer experience issues.
- Build and own highly available, modular, operations automation tools for internal use that enable operations engineers to operate customer impacting production workloads safely at high speed and wide scale.
- Develop dashboards and reporting tools to measure, assess and improve the customer experience.
- Be obsessed on optimizing the experience for key enterprise customer operations and issues.
- Quantify through metrics and analyze customer pain points and work to resolve these problems.
- Collaborate with system engineers and platform software development teams to augment or improve code.
- Influence and drive the global development and operations teams to achieve the best result possible for our customers.
- Assist with engineering and operations in troubleshooting system issues.
- Document your tools and processes.