Would you like to help the developing countries with the leader in the cloud computing business? Would you like to use the power of cloud computing and Amazon Web Services by engaging with organizations who are reinventing their IT strategy to help solve problems such as eliminating poverty, hunger, and literacy? Do you have the business savvy, nonprofit sales experience and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as part of the solution?
As an account manager within Amazon Web Services (AWS) focusing on the international financial institutions, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s utility computing web services (Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon SimpleDB, Amazon RDS, etc).
Your broad responsibilities will include developing and managing a growing book of business for the international financial instution organizations (World Bank Group & International Monetary Fund). You will drive business and technical relationships and close business at a rapid rate by helping to define and identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships through your knowledge of the customer’s mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with the CXO level people in the top accounts. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects at a high level. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the US Federal Sales Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy – contribute to strategies, program development, investments, channel development and other important efforts to make AWS the best fit for our customers’ needs.
- Identify, engage Federal accounts, using a solution selling approach.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and commit to a forecast of specific business opportunities within a time period. Perform the full range of sales activities from demand generation campaigns to pipeline management by engaging with customers, AWS internal resources, and partners. Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Understand and navigate Federal contracting procedures.
- Be a thought leader and an executive relationship builder.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required, and documenting wins in use cases and case studies.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group, while handling a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market.
- Leverage your knowledge of cloud computing, virtualization strategies and major vendors, hosting/data center and data storage technologies (structured and unstructured data) to assist customers in moving forward with winning web services strategies and solutions.