Do you have a passion for building the future in the Cloud Computing business within the Public Sector? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing awareness and adoption of Amazon Web Services (AWS) by engaging with key system integrators who are reinventing their IT strategy by adopting and delivering cloud computing solutions? Do you have the business savvy, government business development experience necessary to help further establish Amazon as a leading cloud platform provider?
As an AWS Partner Development Representative (PDR), you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mindshare and adoption of Amazon Web Services in the public sector. Your mission will be to develop AWS awareness and adoption, build AWS competency, and drive sell-through engagements with a targeted set of government large systems integrators.
In this role, you will establish deep business and technical relationships with AWS partners through your knowledge of the customer's mission and the environment. You will have day-to-day interactions with our partners in support of government agencies. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the executive level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the mission, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. You will also work very closely with the AWS sales team to drive joint sales engagement to support the development of a strategic plan for development of future opportunities and pursuits.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Public Sector Partner Team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Manage a targeted portfolio of system integrators, developing and advancing relationships and growing AWS revenue to and through these partners.
- Maintain an accurate and robust pipeline and forecast of business opportunities.
- Understand and navigate public sector contracting vehicles and procedures.
- Set a strategic sales plan for your target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS strategic direction.
- Understand the technical considerations and certifications specific to the public sector.
- Execute the strategic sales and business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc).
- Identify specific prospects/partners/channels to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the AWS sales teams to build relationships with integrators in your territory and foster joint pursuits.
- Understand the technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings for developers.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and liaison with the legal group.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.