Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, Senior Program Manager
to work on our AWS Security and Compliance team. In this position, you will manage a team of program managers that work across global business owners to gain alignment, develop requirements, and execute a common plan across multiple stakeholders targeted at supporting global background check compliance obligations and ensure the delivery and execution of projects. Knowledge of human resources processes, risk/compliance management concepts and employee background check framework, particularly supporting large companies, are preferred.
A successful candidate will have strong people and project management skills and must have the ability gather business requirements and partner with the various stakeholders to plan, deliver, test, deploy, and improve solutions. You will need to roll up your sleeves and have a high level of ownership and accountability.
We’re looking for an experienced leader who can prioritize well, can communicate clearly and compellingly, can lead distributed teams, is influential, and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong, talented, and geographically diverse team. AWS Security Assurance requires innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and focus on quality and execution. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support
· Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
· Define key performance indicators – develop metrics and service level agreements for core programs and processes, and track delivery against program objectives.
· Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
· Develop sustainable training and executive level messaging as needed for new project/program launches.
· Work with HR, legal, and compliance team business leaders to evangelize Amazon programs and Leadership Principles. Specific responsibilities will include:
Serve as a subject matter expert and perform research on global background check compliance obligations
Develop policies and draft supporting documentation such as communications, FAQs, process documentation, and other related written work
Oversee program implementation efforts
Identify areas for improvement and take ownership of implementing changes
Respond to questions from and troubleshoot program issues experienced by employees, managers, and global business leaders
Manage new compliance projects as needs arise