Are you passionate about innovative technologies like speech and IoT? Interested in Amazon Alexa, the brain behind Amazon Echo? Are you entrepreneurial, and do you like solving tough technical problems for customers?
The Amazon Alexa team is looking for a Principle Technical Program Manager to help build the Alexa Skills Kit (SDK), which is the developer SDK and platform that 3rd party developers use to create skills for Amazon Alexa around the world. We are looking for a candidate with a passion for new products and IoT, enthusiasm for our mission, and a talent for managing building great products. We're working hard, having fun, and making history.
The Principle Technical Program Manager role requires working with product management, development, and speech teams to understand how speech user experience translate into Alexa SDK needs, and leading cross functional teams from design through delivery, and managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination, project management, and executive presentation skills are essential.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
• An operational and continuous improvement mindset, and a natural ability and desire to streamline processes, especially repetitive ones
• Ability to quickly build trust and partner with key individuals to help define and drive to delivery
• A strong data-driven mentality and prioritization framework, to ensure you focus you and your teams’ efforts on the highest impact work
• Proven ability working effectively across organizations and persuading others to support your initiatives
• Experience developing and evolving processes within rapidly growing organizations
• Ability to communicate adaptively and effectively with all layers in an organization, from the CEO to individual contributors
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.