External Job Description
AWS Worldwide Commercial Sales Operations team is seeking a Business Analyst with broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytical background to assist the Commercials Sales Operations team in creating efficiencies, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results. As a member of this team, you will leverage strong data extraction skills to drive worldwide reporting deliverables, create ad hoc financial and sales performance analysis, support business planning, and implement ideas for process improvement. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Successful members of this team collaborate effectively to solve data problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high operational standards. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual that seeks to “tell the story” of the data with little direction or supervision. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Develop a deep understanding of sales metrics, reporting tools, and data structure in order to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards or new tools
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, finance, HR, sales operations, and other functional teams to identify and address reporting issues.
- Manage and develop financial tools or reports that align, and simplify, monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
- Create WW financial and operational templates and processes to compile and standardize disparate information that drive standardized reporting and metrics tracking
- Work with regional teams to deconstruct issues and develop solutions that help meet financial and operational goals
- Generate ad hoc and monthly recurring financial and operational performance analysis, based on the needs of the stakeholders
- Provide recommendations through ad hoc data retrieval and analysis from data management systems
- Create new tools and business processes that simplifies, standardizes and enables operational excellence