Are you interested in helping the education institutions and partners implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems around data? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a passion for data and extracting value from it? Do you enjoy learning new analytic tools in service of cutting edge problems? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches? Do you have the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as a leading technology platform? Be part of our Education Practice!
Amazon Web Services is looking for highly talented and technical data and analytics experts to help accelerate our growing Education Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
In this role as a data and analytics consultant, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact. You’ll work directly with Education customers, helping them build solutions to their data challenges, integrate with partner ETL, analytics, and visualization products, as well as work with AWS services and the latest technology stacks to deliver the right solution for the customer. These solutions often cover a cross-section of needs including Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Big Data, Data Lakes, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience and/or passion in working with Education institutions, organizations and partners, enabling mission readiness and success through designing / building cloud solutions to data problems as well as educating / training customers
- A strong understanding of large scale data management and analytics computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a consultant with a specialty and past experience in data architecture, data engineering, or data science. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep data and analytics architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
- The ability to work with account teams to support partners and customers throughout all levels of their respective organizations in order to help solve their data problems, to include migrations, proof of concepts, architecture review, and optimization
- A mix of advanced technology and strategic business acumen as well as a demonstrated ability to engage in senior level technology decision maker discussions related to the business value of AWS services and offerings
- Ability to be mobile and travel for projects