Amazon is looking for a Data Engineer for the Fulfillment by Amazon and Amazon Global Selling business. We help simplify global trade by building solutions and products for small-medium businesses to expand their business internationally.
Over the next 12 months, the team is focused intently on designing and building out a new data platform to meet the needs of the business and technology teams to enable the data driven decisions by our leadership and help provide the best possible selling platform for our Sellers.
This is a very unique opportunity to work on building one of the world's largest Data Platforms - the one platform to rule them all! You'll be working with the Business users, Machine Learning teams, Data Science teams and Development teams in building this common data platform. You should be passionate about working with complex datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer strategic business questions. You should have deep expertise in the design, creation, management and business use of large analytical datasets and the proven ability to provide self-serve tools that allow end users to translate data into meaningful insights. In this role, you will be part of end-to-end development of the new Data Platform for all of FBA/AGS and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision making.
You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners, SDEs, Product Managers and the Leadership to understand the requirements.
- Interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Familiarity with SQL, AWS Stack (S3, Redshift, RDS, MySQL)
- Interface with business customers to gather requirements
- Model data and metadata to support quarterly, weekly and ad-hoc reporting
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc… to drive key business decisions
- Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know when, how, which to use and which not to use
- Create self-service interfaces using business intelligence tools such as Looker to improve reporting and analysis processes, and increasing automation of data requests
- Create the strategic direction for all data needs as this fast growing, multi-billion dollar business scales.
- Implement big data solutions for distributed computing
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Data Science