Have you ever thought about the next model for software procurement and deployment? Are you interested in helping to create and drive a new US Public Sector National Security business? AWS Marketplace (http://aws.amazon.com/marketplace
) is looking for people who thrive in an environment where you are faced with new things every day and have the latitude to figure it out and run with it. We have created an online store where customers can find, buy, and immediately start using software in a utility model that runs on the AWS Cloud. Our job is to bring Amazon's e-commerce expertise to cloud software and fundamentally change how software is discovered and consumed in the cloud. We have a long list of new ideas just waiting to be designed and implemented.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Business Development Manager to drive significant US National Security customer growth. Your responsibilities as Senior BDM will be to define and execute the strategy across a set of categories and Intelligence Sector customer segments, working with teams across AWS organization. As the owner of this business, you will work with others to set strategy and determine which products to pursue in order maximize value and selection for Buyers. You will engage directly with key software vendors to bring their products to AWS Marketplace, build and execute marketing plans in order to drive customer adoption.
You should enjoy working closely with customers, Systems Integrators and ISVs to help them drive their cloud strategy via AWS Marketplace. The ideal candidate will possess Public Sector knowledge of software procurement process and have the technical depth to easily communicate the benefits of deploying AWS Marketplace products to CIO, VP Infrastructure, IT architects and engineering teams across the application layers of security, networking, devops, database, storage, business intelligence and media. We are looking for technical sales and business savvy candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit to establish AWS Marketplace as a key platform for software procurement and distribution. We are a start-up within AWS so we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You should be self-motivated, customer-centric, and very delivery-focused with a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of Government missions and be deeply familiar with complex legacy IT environments, enterprise applications, and market analysis. If you are someone who thrives in an environment where you are faced with new things every day in a Greenfield space, then we would like to hear from you. ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a short term and long term strategic AWS Marketplace plan for the US National Security Sector. Identify specific customer segments and accounts to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS Marketplace and AWS Service Catalog.
- Work with existing AWS business development and field organizations to engage with customers, and partners to execute joint go to market programs, owning the day-to-day interactions with existing customers and greenfield accounts to identify needs met through AWS Marketplace.
- Serve as a key member of the AWS Global Public Sector team in helping to define and deliver the strategy for SI Consulting and ISV technology partners.
- Understand the technical requirements of government customers and partners and work closely with the internal development team to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Educate and enable the sales teams and increase visibility of AWS Marketplace products across all relevant AWS teams.
- Manage complex contract negotiations as needed and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
- Prepare and provide business reviews and executive communication to the senior management team.
- Ability to travel up to 50% as necessary to implement new programs, meet with customers, prospects, partners, account teams.