With billions of products in thousands of categories, Amazon has real big data. We need experienced and visionary ontologists to help design and develop our product knowledge base. Using automation and machine learning you can help realize the future of the Amazon retail searching, exploring, and browsing experiences.
As a member of the product knowledge team, based in Seattle, you will play a key role in the establishment of a new platform, with opportunities to create enormous benefits for Amazon customers. You will design and implement data ontologies to fit various use cases, help guide software design for schema inputs and tools, and provide expertise around knowledge structures.
- Independently design the ontology for a product knowledge graph.
- Specify mappings between different ontologies.
- Design tools for ontology exploration.
- Assisting with data QA and preparation.
- Curating, organizing and classifying data with appropriate ontologies.
- Connecting to other data taxonomy groups within Amazon for data integration and sharing best practices.
- Representing Amazon in ontology communities.