Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform. The AWS Marketing team is seeking a talented, experienced, self-directed Marketing Leader to join an energetic marketing organization that is responsible for driving the development and adoption of the AWS platform by developers around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining the global marketing strategy for our largest customer audience: technical users of the AWS platform including application developers, systems engineers, cloud architects, and devops practitioners. This role is responsible for designing and implementing marketing campaigns, programs and events that help developers become successful using AWS services. This includes developing campaigns and events like the AWS Zombie Microservices Roadshow where developers learn about all the tools necessary to build modern cloud-based architectures. This role is also responsible for all community growth programs like user groups, AWS Community Heroes, and diversity initiatives that focus on helping our customers learn from each other.
Ideally, you are someone that has experience building campaigns and programs that foster deep, meaningful adoption of technology. You have an innate understanding for developers and how they make decisions to use technology. You are knowledgeable about current state of the art cloud technologies and understand how they are driving change for ways that developers conceive, build and operate systems. You also have a track record of building successful, metrics driven, scalable, customer centric marketing programs. If you are passionate about helping developers innovate and create tomorrow’s amazing software, then this is the perfect role for you.Responsibilities
- Building a global engagement strategy for developers that is aligned with the goals of the AWS’s product, sales and business development teams
- Create compelling digital and in person global campaigns that delight developers and increases use of AWS tools and technology
- Establish programs that encourage peer to peer interaction for AWS customers
- Define and expand programs that encourage diversity in AWS technical user communities
- Create a content strategy that ensures highly credible and effective messaging for AWS services that are used by developers
- Identify and coordinate AWS participation at key third party developer conferences and events
- Identify and nurture potential partnerships with key technology partners that enable developers to be successful using AWS
- Manage a high performing marketing team that has a strong track record of success