For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Americas Sales Strategy & Operations (SSO) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across Canada, the US and LATAM to enable AWS teams to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking a Sales Operations (Sales Excellence) Lead to partner with the head of the Inside sales to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business across the Americas. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to assist the AWS Americas Inside Sales teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the Sales Managers in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and calculating commissions.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and achieve revenue attainment and market development objectives.
- Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
- Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting for the business segment.
- Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
- Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
- Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
- Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations