The Amazon Music Catalog team is responsible for persisting, computing, reconciling and vending Music rights and metadata to other teams and services across Amazon. We process hundreds of millions of updates per day and our services serve tens of thousands of requests per secs to all Amazon Music Customers. We own critical platforms that makes access to the Amazon Music Catalog highly available and accessible to every one.
As the Software Development Manager for this team, you will lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to support and scale existing systems and features and create new capabilities that are critical to the success of Amazon Music. Responsibilities include management of 5+ engineers, operations management and quality of service improvements, hardware planning, project management, technical design, and scrum management. You are a strong leader who can prioritize well, know how to properly deal with ambiguity and changes in scope, have great communication skills, and have a track record for delivering results.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Demonstrates excellent judgment
- Mentors and leads great people
- Passionately insist on high standards (never satisfied with the status quo)
- Is able to dive deep and is not out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
- Requires innovation of your team
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
- Results oriented
- Thinks big