For more than 11 years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—to power their infrastructure. Americas Sales Strategy & Operations (SSO) is a diverse team that supports the Sales, Demand Generation, Inside Sales, Solution Architects, and Business Development teams across Canada, the US and LATAM to enable AWS teams to better serve our customers in their journey to the cloud.
We are seeking an Americas Sales Strategy & Planning Lead to partner with the Head of Americas Sales Strategy & Operations to assist in defining, landing and executing on our key strategic programs and lead key planning programs for the Americas business. The ideal candidate earns trust through performance and relationship building, has strong strategic planning and financial acumen, experience in program management and a deep analytic background to assist the AWS Americas Sales teams in meeting its objectives. This position is responsible for developing strategies for continuous improvement, creating efficiencies, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This individual will collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results, and has experience in sales or sales operations. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended AWS Americas Sales organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Professional Services, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Support the Head of Americas Sales Operations in defining and landing Americas strategic programs and initiatives.
· Assist the AWS Americas Sales Leaders in landing and executing against Americas strategic initiatives and programs.
· Support the evolution, integration, and implementation of sales systems/processes to meet the rapid growth of the business and its revenue attainment and market development objectives.
· Lead key planning programs including territory planning, quota planning, headcount/new markets planning, and goals planning initiatives.
· Manage the monthly cadenced business reporting and rhythm of business.
· Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
· Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.