“Alexa, I really want to work on cool stuff. Can you find me an awesome gig?” Yes, Alexa can make your wishes come true!
On the Alexa Voice Services team, you’ll build and operate systems and software to enable Alexa’s capabilities everywhere – in speakers, appliances, wearables, robots, and more! We’re working with industry leaders to seamlessly integrate Alexa into any and all devices. It’s awesome, and will change the way millions of people interact with their homes, cars and even their workplace.
The Alexa Voice Services team is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, hard-working and operationally focused Systems Support Engineer to support the fast evolving and expanding Alexa 3P space. You will have an enormous opportunity to work within multiple systems analyzing and identifying the common issues, and driving the teams towards resolution to have a positive impact on customer experience. This job requires you to hit the ground running and your ability to learn quickly and work on disparate and overlapping tasks will define your success. The role encompasses working with a support engineering team that is providing production ticket support (tier-3 support, escalations to engineering teams) for multiple products and platforms, engineering development support, and business decision making support. This job requires you to do minor code fix, build and deploy to production in addition to providing production ticket support.
Come join us as we build the Voice experience for AVS (Alexa Voice Service) in the home. We’re breaking new ground and need your help to bring our vision to reality.
Some of the key job functions:
- Understand high-level technical aspects of existing systems and services.
- Provide support of incoming tickets, including extensive troubleshooting tasks.
- Work on operations and maintenance driven coding projects, primarily in Perl, Python or shell scripts, web technologies, with the potential for Java based projects.
- Software deployment support in staging and production environments.
- Develop tools to aid operations and maintenance.
- Work with Development teams for handing-off or taking over active support issues and creating a team specific knowledge base and skill set.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation