Do you want to help students prepare to join the cloud-enabled workforce? AWS Educate is looking for an innovative, driven, and talented Student Community Manager with experience developing and engaging students in online communities. AWS Educate is part of Amazon Web Services Public Sector group and is focused on enabling students for cloud computing careers and supporting educators in their cloud teaching efforts. Launched in 2015, AWS Educate is focused on building bold initiatives to accelerate the integration and application of cloud content and tools into classrooms around the globe. Hundreds of thousands of students have joined AWS Educate since its launch. AWS Educate members include universities, colleges, community colleges, and high schools – and the educators and students from these institutions.
The Student Community Manager will design primarily online initiatives to increase global student engagement and adoption of AWS Educate’s cloud career pathways. To do this, you will need to be a strong owner and strategic in your approach, while being obsessed with our members. You will work closely with students and across internal teams like marketing, product, and research to create scalable global initiatives, and execute against them. Ultimately, your efforts will increase cloud career pathways engagement and student adoption of AWS cloud-related learning.
This role requires a strategic leader who can be inventive and fearless while balancing operational excellence and program success. Working closely with the Global Membership Manager, you will have an opportunity to impact the way AWS Educate helps students learn about cloud computing concepts and find internships and full-time career opportunities.
As a member of the membership team, a successful student community manager can innovate, move quickly, and execute well. While this individual may or may not be steeped in AWS and the cloud, he/she should have experience with creating and/or nurturing online communities and have experience with technical subject matter.
Some of the key job functions:
- Manage AWS Educate’s global online student community.
- Engage AWS Educate student members online and offline to drive usage and adoption of AWS.
- Regularly collect information about the needs of students to influence content and product roadmaps.
- Work jointly with the marketing team to assist in creating and executing digital marketing campaigns for students.
- Track and gather key membership metrics and share these metrics internally.
- Be the voice of the customer, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our content and product efforts and help our team iterate and improve on our offerings.
- Travel up to 20%, domestic and globally.