Locations:Seattle (preferred), San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Boston, Washington DC, Los Angeles
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon’s fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like NetFlix, Pinterest, Spotify, airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung. The AWS Partner Network (APN) ecosystem is helping to dramatically accelerate innovation on the AWS Cloud.
Are you an accomplished leader with a strong background in Power and Utilities industry (electric, water, natural gas, independent power and renewable energy producers)? Have you helped utility companies to become more innovative, to improve their customer experience, or achieve improvements in operational effectiveness? Do you have experience influencing innovation in a technology partner ecosystem, and engaging with decision makers at the executive level? Do you have strong business development, strategic alliances, and entrepreneurial skills? Can you demonstrate an ability to think strategically about new business models, solution selling, and show prior solution and program successes?
AWS is looking for a candidate experienced in Power and Utilities industry to build, own and manage the strategic plan and competency program for our top partners focused on new products and services in the industry (including those related to Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML), Big Data and connected home). Global Segment owners at AWS are responsible for the overall partner strategy for each segment, which include aligning go to market plans with our top consulting and technology partners along with supporting programs that are focused on driving demand in the segment.
As a senior leader on the partner ecosystem team, you will have the exciting opportunity to dramatically accelerate adoption of AWS services by owning the partner strategy and execution in Power and Utilities. This role has a global responsibility and will work closely with AWS product teams, partner development managers, solution architects, professional services, and our sales teams. Power and Utility companies are benefiting from the AWS cloud and partner solutions for operational efficiency and excellence, a secure compliant and reliable platform leading to valuable business insights, and by enabling them to be innovative and to build their own applications in an agile and fast manner. Responsibilities:
- Be the subject-matter expert (SME) for the Power and Utilities industry segment including a knowledge of the top ecosystem partners
- Own the strategic plan for the industry, which includes aligning with AWS Partner Development Managers who manage our top technology and consulting partners, maximizing influenced revenue driven with and through new APN partners
- Build C-level relationships with our top partners and generate interest in new AWS programs focused on Power and Utilities and to invest in building solutions on AWS to meet Power and Utilities customer needs
- Represent the AWS partner strategy for Power and Utilities to our internal and external stakeholders including the AWS sales teams as well as media coverage and industry events focused on the industry
- Help prioritize AWS investment in partners who focus on the segment to drive incremental results for both AWS and selected partners, including identifying strategic partners to recruit which could include leading startups, consulting companies, and established technology vendors
- Execute go-to-market and routes-to-market plans that have clear and measurable ROI models
- Define and own the requirements and benefits of the AWS Partner Network (APN) Competency Program for the industry
- Work with cross functional groups including training and solutions architecture to build enablement programs and reusable assets that allow strategic partners to develop capabilities and achieve proficiency according to AWS competency standards
- Work collaboratively inside of AWS to drive new solutions to market with our product management, solution architect, and professional service teams
- Work collaboratively with AWS consulting partners to create solutions that combine our top technology partners with packaged implementation services
- Prepare and give business reviews to AWS senior leaders
- Effectively team with PR, marketing, legal, and support