We're looking for software development engineers to join the Issue Management Platforms, Services and Applications team. Our group develops innovative solutions that makes our customers most productive at Application Life-cycle Management.
AWS Developer Tools needs a technically deep, experienced Software Development Engineer to join a team that owns Issue Management for all of Amazon/AWS. This space delivers the in-house software platforms, web services and web apps that are used by more than 110,000 unique internal users every day. These are the core software technologies that Amazon and AWS use to collaborate on, monitor, engage and manage all of the software events, agile deliveries, projects, programs, and business processes across the entire company.
You will have the opportunity to deliver new web apps and web services that must tackle a wide range of issue management, event management, engagement, business process workflow, project management and agile processes in the company. These webapps, platforms, and services are used by every Amazon employee, often many times a day, from fulfillment workers on up to senior leadership, plus hundreds of other automated clients through our web services.
As an experienced Software Engineer in this role you will:
- Get the opportunity to both build new capabilities in existing solitions, and build new software and services from scratch, keeping technical debt low, quality high and be operationally excellent.
- Have ownership of capabilities/services from cradle-to-grave (idea conception, requirements gathering, design, development, validation, deployment, customer reviews, and operational support)
- Work at as many levels as necessary: the single-page webapp, the REST service layer, the backend platform architecture, and the AWS services we leverage (ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Simple Workflow, SNS/SQS, S3, EC2)
- Automate the operation of systems to scale horizontally and operate at high availability.
- Iterate development of our unique, multi-master, multi-region replicated distributed system platform service that is used by multiple other customers.
- Mentor and grow junior engineers in the team