The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Software Development Engineer who has a strong passion for security-at-scale. You will work on a small team dedicated to rapidly building new tooling and features to improve AWS Security capabilities. You will be dropped into an API-centric and data driven environment, develop a broad and deep understanding of the overall AWS security posture, and work closely with our Threat Intel, Security Operations, and Security Analyst teams, and relentlessly drive security improvements. You will to build solutions to process an immense amount of data and push the envelope with various advanced analytical techniques to find and mitigate security threats.
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all of the services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, and more than 40 others. This is a high visibility team that solves security challenges at a massive scale.
If you only drink from fire hoses, can MacGyver your way out of a deep data well, and eat Task-Interrupts with syrup for breakfast, we’d love to hear from you. While you may not be a security expert just yet, you have a passion for solving security challenges in innovative ways.
Position can be located in Herndon, VA or Seattle, WA.
- Develop solutions to simplify the processing of massive amounts of data
- Architect, design, and develop data analytics systems for adversary detection, improving security incident response capabilities, and generally enhancing security situational awareness
- Rapidly prototype and incubate new security features and solutions
- Identify AWS security gaps and help determine the best solutions to close those gaps.
- Work closely with other internal development teams across various AWS services to coordinate security improvements
- Deliver high quality solutions in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift
- Mentor junior developers on the team to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers